Friday, June 4, 2010

Next Project

So now that our first bathroom is finished we are moving on...to the Master bedroom! I'm particularly excited about this room....because its mine mostly! I have so many ideas for this room I never expected to have a room comparable to the size of my last one but lucky for me I will. Right now the room is covered in paneling much like the family room was! Lucky us! There are actually 3 windows in this room AND an exterior door. Two of the windows are covered up by the paneling WHAT? Not sure what the purpose of that was...we will be uncovering them and tearing out the paneling plus ripping out the built in dresser and closets. We will be utilizing the exterior door for an entry way to the new master closet and the entry to the master bath! My dilemma seems to be my color pallet.


In the beginning I so wanted a dark gray wall behind the bed...(my bed is white) then white linens. However gray seems to be the new red and although I LOVE gray I may be changing my mind.

One of my all time favorites!


I just don't want to do things that have been done over and over. I want things a little different yet timeless. I'm still very drawn to gray...so it isn't totally out I'm just considering a few other options!


For sure I'll be using a lot of white I just need to narrow down what I will be adding to it while keeping in mind this is also my husbands room so OUR retreat from the world should be feminine but allow my husband to feel comfortable and no like he has to leave his manhood at the door.....

Loving this one.

1 comment:

Megan said...

They are all really beautiful! My favorite is the one the brick wall. I like the urban feel it brings out.

Post a Comment